Overarching goals for ALL 3 Paths:
- No matter if you are joining us for your first week of fitness or you are a long-time CrossFitter, our #1 goal for you every cycle is for you to leave better than when you came in. Get 1% better everyday!
- Select a workout path (Comp/Sport/Fitness) that allows you to achieve the above goal. Some cycles that may be fitness, others… it may be sport. Please utilize coaches and staff to guide you to a path that is right for you.
Fitness | 12th State CrossFit:
Who is this path for: This path was created for individuals that want to keep “intensity AND volume” at the forefront of their training. Loads and movements will be kept lighter in order to ensure that you are continually moving and burning calories. This path is quickly becoming our most popular path at 12th State CrossFit.
What are you training for: Our primary goal for Fitness athletes, is to keep you moving and burning calories throughout the entire class. While we will teach you new skills and drills, we understand that barbell and gymnastics training is not everyone’s “cup of tea”. This is why we limit the complexity of body-weight movements in this path and also completely remove barbell training from this path.
Sport | 12th State CrossFit
Who is this path for: This path was created for individuals that are still working to build their competency in gymnastics movements, Olympic lifts, and cardiovascular conditioning. This path serves a majority of the athletes here at 12th State CrossFit.
What are you training for: Our primary goal for the Sport path, is to increase your performance for everyday life. That means:
- Keep you healthy: Making sure that everyday you can come back and train with us.
- Make you “fitter”: Increase your ability to workout longer and harder.
- Make you stronger: Increase your ability to lift loads with form and technique as the base.
- Learn new skills: Increase the number of skills you have at your disposal for your fitness journey.
Competition | 12th State CrossFit
Who is this path for: This path was created for those individuals that have been training CrossFit for 5+ Years, are competent in ALL gymnastics movements, and have the ability to perform ALL Olympic lifts with some level of virtuosity. This path serves a very small minority of the population at 12th State CrossFit, and is offered to keep those that train in the “Sport of Fitness” up-to-speed and ready to compete.
What are you training for: Our primary goal for the competition path is to get you guys and girls geared up for the CrossFit Open in February!!!
Here is a quick look forward into the programming for the next 5 weeks. Your range for Metcons duration is listed below for specific days. Hope this helps you decide when you would like to workout during the week for the next 5-weeks!
MORE “INTENSITY” (M/T/W/F)
MORE “VOLUME” = TH/SAT/SUN
- Mondays – 10-16min Metcons
- Tuesdays – 8-12min Metcons
- Wednesdays – 10-12min Metcons
- Thursdays – 20-40min Metcons
- Friday – 8-12mins Metcons
- Saturday – 20-20mins Metcons
- Sunday – 30-35mins Metcons