At 12th State CrossFit we are always finding ways to improve and grow with our clientele, we will never stop improving. A part of that process is taking something as simple as the warm up and having our friends at Holt Physical Therapy drop some knowledge on you guys and gals as members of 12th State!
We are happy to be releasing the following warm-up protocols morphed and molded specifically to prepare CrossFitters for their high intensity workouts and lifts!
We are very lucky and happy to have Holt PT helping out our athletes at 12th State CrossFit. If you need any PT work please make sure to go see them! Here is a direct link to their website!
Holt Physical Therapy Warm-up
Demo and Q&A @ 12th State CrossFit:
We hope you come join us while our friends from Holt Pt come down to walk you through the following warm up protocol!
- When: Saturday, May 19th @ 11:00am
- Who: Anyone reading this post. 12th State Member or not!
- Where: 12th State CrossFit | 807 Hodges St. Raleigh, NC 27608
- What: Demo and Q&A for the below 12th State CrossFit / Holt PT General Warm-up
- How: Send us an email at email@example.com, and show up at 10:45am on Saturday at 12th State CrossFit
FREE TheraBand to the first 25 people who sign up!!!
Link to Google Drive version of warmup: HERE!
Transcript of warm up below, see document for more details, and come by on Saturday!
- 90/90 Standing Banded Angels: Make sure to “brace”/”stabilize” core/midsection to ensure mobility is drawn from thoracic and shoulder regions and to avoid hyperextending low back.
- Band Resisted Open Books: for thoracic rotation mobility and scapular mobility
- Banded Overhead Pass-throughs: Cuing for core engagement to prevent lumbar hyperextension and promote thoracic and shoulder mobility. This exercise can be progressed to Banded Overhead Squats, which work extremely well for people who currently lack mobility for a true overhead squat.
- Half-kneeling Hip Flexor Stretch: again with a focus on active core engagement/stabilization and glute activation. This exercise can be advanced using the same side arm as the knee that is down to further mobilization the anterior kinetic chain.
- Half Kneeling Scapular “Y” movements: using cross-symmetry bands
- Half kneeling Dumbbell Overhead Press progressing to Kettlebell Bottoms-up Press
- Pigeon to Shin Box progressions.
- Cossack Squats
- Holt PT miniband series: see video
***ALWAYS DO WARM-UP SETS OF THE DAYS MAIN HEAVY MOVEMENTS IF APPLICABLE***