Katie is originally from Middletown, Delaware but moved to North Carolina in 2010 to attend UNC Chapel-Hill where she swam collegiately. While competing for UNC, she finished top-8 in the breaststroke events at ACC Championships all 4 years. Katie also competed at the Division I NCAA Championships where her relay team earned Honorable Mention All-American two years in a row. Her senior year, she was voted co-captain, named Most Dedicated Swimmer, and awarded Leader of Distinction from UNC Athletics. She graduated in 2014 with a degree in Biochemistry.
Since joining 12th State, Katie has loved the opportunity to push herself physically and mentally each day. There is always something to learn and a coach or member to encourage you! She is looking forward to bringing positive energy and enthusiasm to her classes and helping 12th State members reach their fitness goals.
In addition to her life at 12th State CrossFit, Katie’s full-time job is with IQVIA in RTP. In her free time, she enjoys spending time with her family, friends, and Golden Retriever named Tucker.
- Division I Swimmer (UNC-Chapel Hill)
- ACC Championship (4x Qualifier & Competitor)
- Division I National Championships (2x Qualifier & Competitor)
- Honorable Mention All-American (Relay Team) (Back to Back years)
- Co-Captain of the UNC-Chapel Hill Swim & Dive Team
- Leader of Distinction Award
- Most Dedicated Swimmer