12th State CrossFit | Training Notes | August 5th – September 8th, 2019
Overarching goals for all 3 paths:
- General Physical Preparedness; our training will help you become faster, stronger, and a better all-around human.
- Burn; Our training will help you burn excess energy, calories, and stress from the day! (or yesterday for our morning people)
- Focus on Longevity; Our programming was developed with your safety and longevity in mind, we want you to be healthy and happy after each training session
6 ways to get the most out of your workouts:
- Diet. You cannot out train a bad diet. Eat well, eat clean, and eat enough to support daily energy needs and limit the excess.
- Sleep/Rest. You need 7-9 hours of sleep per night. Make sure you are setting up your daily schedule to make this happen. ALso if you are feeling overly fatigued, take a rest day. We all need a day off sometimes.
- Leave your ego at the door. Your daily workouts are for you. Make sure the weights, reps, and movements you are selecting match your training goals and needs.
- Ask for help. Our professional staff is always available for questions and guidance. We are here to serve you.
- Be Consistent. Set your schedule the before the week starts and make sure you get to the gym.
- Mobilize and Stretch. Make sure you are spending time pre and post workout to work on your muscle and body. ALso make sure that you are attending our weekly Yoga sessions at 6:30pm on Thursdays.
Monday – Clean and Jerk:
Comp and sport will both be working clean and jerk on Mondays this cycle. Comp will be focused on a complex that progresses to a 1RM. Sport will be cycling their clean and jerks along with box jumps. The weight will increase as the reps decrease. If you typically do Comp, don’t be afraid to do sport this cycle on Mondays especially if you need to work on cycling the bar. Our metcons on Mondays will be couplets and triplets for time.
Tuesday – Snatch and Gymnsatic Progression
Wednesday: Front Squat
The 10/8/6/4/2 is back, but we will be Front Squatting! We will continue E3MOMx5 format. Along with squatting athletes will be completing single modality high rep metcons on Wednesday. This type of metcon will challenge you mentally as well as physically. You will also get the opportunity to establish some PRs on these workouts and/or get a baseline score for future reference.
Thursday : Don’t Stop Moving
Friday: Emom Friday!
Saturday: Partner or Solo
We will follow the typical Saturday workout with the option to go partner or solo. Since we don’t back squat this cycle be prepared to do some back squatting in a few Saturday metcons.
Each Sunday in this cycle will involve 5 min stations. We will build each week adding another 5 minutes. We will start out with 4 sets of 5 and end with 8 sets of 5 working from 20 min to 40 min! Each Sunday we will run, row, bike and burpee. We will add a run week 2, a run and row week 3, a run, row and bike week 3 then finish doing 2 rounds each of run row bike and burpee. Lets get after this cycle and set a great base going into the fall!.