Chris is an extremely bright individual with a background in the scientific and applied aspects of wellness, weight loss, fitness, and sport performance. In his role as director of the biometrics laboratory at Valencell Incorporated, Chris oversees a research team that creates and validates wearable devices for other companies. His current focus is on smartwatches and earbuds that measure physiological parameters like heart rate.
Prior to working in the technology industry, he was a college professor, teaching and conducting research in exercise physiology and nutrition. As part of his research, Chris has conducted physiological assessments on hundreds of athletes. He also has performed body composition assessments on thousands of individuals, helping them to guide their nutrition and body composition goals.
Chris has an athletic background as a Division I swimmer and professional triathlete. He started CrossFit in 2011 out of a desire to fulfill his need to remain in a competitive athletic environment.
Chris has held certifications from CrossFit (L1 and endurance), American College of Sports Medicine, National Strength and Conditioning Association, USA Weightlifting, and USA Triathlon.
- CF-L1 Trainer
- Ph.D., Exercise Physiology
- M.S. Human Performance; B.S. Zoology
- Director, Biometrics Laboratory Valencell Inc.
- Founder, The Human Performance Laboratory (2002)
- Over 250 Triathlons and running races competed
- 7-time Ironman triathlon finisher (4 World Championships)
- Amateur National Champion Long Course Triathlon Champion
- Collegiate swimmer