Chris has a background in scientific and applied aspects of wellness, weight loss, fitness, and sport performance. In his role as director of the biometrics laboratory at Valencell Inc. Chris oversees a research team that creates and validates wearable devices for other companies (smartwatches and earbuds that measure physiological parameters like heart rate).
Prior to working in the technology industry he was a college professor teaching and researching in exercise physiology and nutrition. As part of his research, Chris has conducted physiological assessments on hundreds of athletes for performance enhancement and performed body composition assessments on thousands of individuals helping them to guide their nutrition and body composition goals.
Chris has an athletic background as a Division I swimmer and professional triathlete and started CrossFit to fill his competitive need in 2011.
Chris has held certifications from CrossFit (L1 and endurance), American College of Sports Medicine, National Strength and Conditioning Association, USA Weightlifting, and USA Triathlon.
- CF-L1 Trainer
- Ph.D., Exercise Physiology
- M.S. Human Performance; B.S. Zoology
- Director, Biometrics Laboratory Valencell Inc.
- Founder, The Human Performance Laboratory (2002)
- Over 250 Triathlons and running races competed
- 7-time Ironman triathlon finisher (4 World Championships)
- Amateur National Champion Long Course Triathlon Champion
- Collegiate swimmer